AUTHOR’S NOTE – You’re reading the HTML version of a chapter from the book Building Accessible Websites (ISBN 0-7357-1150-X). Copyright © Joe Clark, 2002 (about the author). All rights reserved. ¶ Back to Contents
A bibliography of significant sources used to research this book that are not included on the book’s CD-ROM follows.
- Brewer, Cynthia A., 1996: “Guidelines for selecting colors for diverging schemes on maps.” The Cartographic Journal 33(2):79–86. (This, by the way, is the article documenting unconfusable colour combinations and gradations.)
- Brewer, Cynthia A., 1997: “Spectral schemes: Controversial color use on maps.” Cartography and Geographic Information Systems 24(4):203–220.
- Carter, Robert C., 1982: “A design tool for color displays.” Proceedings of the Human Factors Society – 26th Annual Meeting – 1982 (Norfolk, VA: Human Factors Society), 589.
- Kimura, Kenji, Seiichi Sugiura, Horoaki Shinkai, and Yoshiro Nagai, 1988: “Visibility requirements for automobile CRT displays – color, contrast and luminance.” SAE Technical Papers Series 880218 (Warrendale, PA: Society of Automotive Engineers).
- Matthews, Michael L., and Karen Martins, 1987: “The influence of color on visual search and subjective discomfort using CRT displays.” Proceedings of the Human Factors Society – 31st Annual Meeting – 1987 (Norfolk, VA: Human Factors Society), 1271–1275.
- Miyao, Masaru, Shinya Ishihara, Hisataka Sakakibara, Taka-aki Kondo, Shinji Yamada, Masashi Furuta, Katsumi Yamanaka, Tetsushi Yasuma, and Yasushi Toda, 1991: “Effects of color CRT display on pupil size in color-blind subjects.” Journal of Human Ergology 20:241–247.
- Olson, Judy M., and Cynthia A. Brewer, 1997: “An evaluation of color selections to accommodate map users with color-vision impairments.” Annals of the American Geographers 87(1):103–134.
- Morley, Sarah, Helen Petrie, Anne-Marie O’Neill, and Peter McNally, 1998: “Auditory navigation in hyperspace: Design and evaluation of a non-visual hypermedia system for blind users.” Proceedings of ASSETS ’98, the Third Annual ACM Conference on Assistive Technologies (Los Angeles: Association for Computing Machinery).
- Raman, T.V., 1997: Auditory user interfaces: Toward the speaking computer. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Ramloll, R., et al., 2001: “Using non-speech sounds to improve access to 2D tabular numerical information for visually-impaired users.”
Previous ¶ ¶