Got a problem with accessibility?
Bad captioning in your shop? Need audio-description training?
Are your Web sites inaccessible?
Well, I can help you. No other independent expert can boast my encyclopedic knowledge of accessible media.
- Movie-access sponsorship: First-ever international sponsorship of captioning and audio description for a first-run film (Austin Powers)
- Online video accessibility: Developed a workflow to add captions to online videoclips
- Standards and training development (two university partners lined up; funding in progress; announcement likely before November 2002)
- Web accessibility book
- Web accessibility retrofits
Credentials and availability
You can read about my qualifications & expertise.
I’m available for the following consulting services:
- Sponsorship brokerage: Finding sponsorship partners for captioning and description, even across borders
- Getting started in media access: Needs assessment, technology briefings, how-to training
- DVD accessibility (conventional and advanced)
- Cinema access (adding captions, descriptions, or both, to first-run feature films)
- Quality control and standards development (especially of captioning and audio description)
- Web accessibility, including online multimedia and PDF
That’s not an exhaustive list. If you have any questions or doubts about how to deal with accessible media in any way, chances are my decades of experience will provide an answer. Drop me a line and tell me what you need.
I have experience consulting with government departments and contractors in meeting accessibility mandates. I’ve trained managers, staff, and HTML markup jockeys in accessible Web design and HTML, and have unique expertise in accessible PDF.